PCI / PCIe DATA ACQUSITION BOARDS
Versatile Real-Time Measurement and Control
Researchers need a precise, reliable way to process large amounts of data. Quanser’s QPID and QPIDe Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) control boards are designed to do just that. These PCI/PCIe-based data acquisition boards are ideal for rapid control prototyping and deliver superior real-time performance for your workstation.
QPID and QPIDe originated from National Instruments RIO technology and are compatible with both LabVIEW™ and MATLAB® to give you easy and quick access to signals. QPIDe is based on the PCI Express technology for data acquisition applications that require bandwidth to ensure data can be transferred to memory fast enough.
With ultra-low I/O conversion times and simultaneous sampling of each I/O type, the QPID and QPIDe are suitable for complex controls configurations for research and teaching controls concepts. For example, in order to teach controls or conduct research in areas like Aerospace or Haptics (e.g. using Quanser HD^2 High Definition Haptic Device), a more dependable real-time platform can be achieved by pairing QPID or QPIDe with a Quanser power amplifier and QUARC® control design software.
With the QPID/QPIDe’s wide range of inputs and outputs, you can easily connect and control a variety of devices instrumented with analog and digital sensors, including quadrature encoders – all with one board! The QPID and QPIDe are supported by a QUARC Simulink® Blockset along with APIs for C, C++, ActiveX, .NET, LabVIEW™ and MATLAB®.
Other features of Quanser PCI/PCIe data acquisition boards:
- All processing via CPU without need for DSP
- Quick-connect terminal board with robust metal case
- Programmable counters and watchdog timer for maximum safety and flexibility
- Hardware-measured encoder velocities
- Simultaneous sampling of ADCs, PWM channels, encoders and 32-bit groups of digital inputs
- Fuse-protected terminal board with LED status
- Multiple OS compatibility; Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7