2-Day COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training
8-9 March 2018, 9am - 5pm
i-Math Pte Ltd
Ubi TechPark, 10 Ubi Crescent, Lobby C, #06-37, Singapore, 408564
This is an intensive fundamental course to using COMSOL Multiphysics®. During the 2-day COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course, you will develop a strong foundation for your future Multiphysics modelling work. We start at an introductory level, leading attendees through the essential steps needed in all analyses (geometry creation, interactive meshing techniques, model setup, postprocessing, etc). We will also guide you on how to build simulation apps from your COMSOL Multiphysics® models.
This training will be conducted with a combination of lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises. The goal is to immerse you in all of the main aspects of using COMSOL Multiphysics®, so that you feel comfortable working with the software and confident that you are correctly solving your simulation problems with COMSOL Multiphysics®.
A certificate will be given after you have completing the training course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for engineers and/or researchers of various fields, who want to learn about the fundamental workflow of the COMSOL Multiphysics modelling environment in detail.
This training course is suitable for anyone with an engineering, physics, or science background, with a basic knowledge of finite element analysis. No previous experience with COMSOL Multiphysics is required.
Day 1, 9.00am – 5.00pm
1. Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics
- COMSOL Multiphysics GUI and workflow
- Using and understanding the key features of the COMSOL Multiphysics architecture
- Overview of the COMSOL modules
- Multiphysics Approaches
- Introduction to Application Builder
- What is a COMSOL application
- How to create an application
- How to run an application
- Benefits of applications
- COMSOL CAD Tools
- Geometry Sequence
- Learn how to use built-in CAD tools,
- Learn how to import geometry created from other CAD software
- Learn how to use COMSOL’s LiveLink products to synchronize COMSOL geometry with other CAD geometry
- Boolean Operations & Transforms
- Defeaturing and Repair
- Finalization Method
- Virtual Operations
3. Meshing Techniques
- Meshing Methods
- Physics-Controlled Mesh
- User-Controlled Mesh
- Meshing Controls
- Unstructured & Structured Meshes
- Free Mesher
- Mapped Mesh
- Swept Mesh
- Mesh Size Control
- Distribution Control
- Adaptive Mesh Refinement
- Import of External Meshes
- Accept Nastran mesh
- Import of STL & VRML surface mesh and conversion to geometry
Day 2, 9.00am – 5.00pm
4. Create your model from scratch
- Multiphysics Coupling
- Model Setup
- Simulation Apps creation
5. Advanced Topics
- Built-In Operators & Constants
- Parameters & Variables
- Probes & Model Couplings
- Study Steps
- Integrating COMSOL Multiphysics® with MATLAB® Scripting.
- Data Sets, Derived Values
- Plot Types
- Create animation
- Export results
- Report generation
PRICING & PAYMENT METHODS
Payment instructions will be sent to you after you have submitted the online registration form.
Course fees can be paid by the following methods:
- Funds Transfer
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Training fee does not include meals.
- Payment must be received before commencement of training courses.
- i-Math reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course at short notice; & at its absolute discretion without assigning any reason for such cancellation/postponements. However, i-Math will ensure that every effort will be made to inform participants of the change. In the event that the applicant’s chosen course is cancelled prior to its commencement, i-Math will make a full refund of course fees already paid by the applicant.
- Refund of fees
If notice of withdrawal or postponement is given in writing by participant:
- 100% refund for written notification 14 days before commencement
- 50% refund for written notification within 14 days before commencement
- After commencement / No show – No refund
- Registration can be transferable if applicant is unable to attend the course. Please inform i-Math of the transfer via email: email@example.com at least 3 working days before training date.