COMSOL Workshop: Electromagnetic Wave Propagation Simulation (Wave & Ray Optics)
25 May, 2017, 2pm - 5pm
i-Math Pte Ltd
Ubi TechPark, 10 Ubi Crescent, Lobby C, #06-37, Singapore, 408564
This FREE workshop provides an introduction to electromagnetic modelling for optically large systems and a comparison between the capabilities of COMSOL’s Wave Optics module and Ray Optics module. You will learn how to choose appropriate physic interfaces to simulate the large optical devices, and how to apply the distinctive features to the selected physics interfaces. In addition, some modeling techniques will be covered.
Key contents include:
- General module selection requirements
- Application scopes for Wave Optics module and Ray Optics module
- Key features in each module
- Demo: A comparison of the solutions obtained from two modules for diffraction grating
- Typical boundary conditions: Infinite element and perfectly matched layer
- Scattering and far-field calculations
- Modeling and meshing techniques
- Hands-on exercises
- These workshops will require you to bring your own laptop. Note that COMSOL version 5.3 doesn’t run on a 32-bit Operating System. Please visit System Requirements to see the minimum configuration COMSOL requires for installation.
- Participants will be provided with a FREE 2-week COMSOL product evaluation license after they attend the workshop